In the three-year Bachelor’s degree program in Marketing & Sales an innovative teaching program ensures the quality of the degree program. The teaching staff are experts with a background in business whose experience feeds into their teaching, guaranteeing a high level of professional practice.
The degree program in Marketing & Sales is offered in two formats; as a day program and as a part-time evening program. Our part-time degree programs give students the chance to study and have a career at the same time, as classes are held in the evenings and sometimes at the weekend.
- Marketing allrounder in 3 years with competences in online and mobile marketing
- Many innovative specialization possibilities
- International internship
Education at the highest level
The Bachelor’s Degree Program in Marketing & Sales is accredited by:
Type of degree program
Full-time (FT) or Part-time (PT)
Full-time: Four to five days per week, 8.30- 18:15, occasionally on Saturdays
Part-time: Five days per week, Mon-Fri*: 17:30 – 21:45, occasionally on Saturdays
*occasionally Fridays from 13.00
Language of instruction
German (single modules in English)
Possible at partner universities
From the 5th semester for at least 450 hours, transfer credit(s) possible for students working in a related field
Start of the degree program
At the beginning of the winter semester in September
Place of study
wko campus wien, Währinger Gürtel 97, 1180 Vienna
(U6 metro station Währinger Straße/Volksoper)
- Deadlines & Dates
- Admission requirements Bachelor’s programs
- Admissions procedure Bachelor’s programs
€ 363.36 per semester (excl. Austrian students’ union fee)
Focus & Qualifications
At the beginning of the degree program, students are taught the basics of business and law. In the third and the fourth semester, marketing and sales are studied in more detail. The last stage of a degree program serves to put the gained theoretical knowledge into practice, to write a Bachelor’s thesis and to specialize in a specific area. Social skills are also developed throughout the program.
Focus of the degree program
- Comprehensive specialist knowledge in marketing, sales, business and social skills
- Connection of digital and analog marketing
- Development of profound marketing and sales concepts
- Customer retention concepts
- Specialization: Six electives* (4th semester, 120 teaching units)
– Mobile Marketing*
– Influencer Marketing*
– Event Management*
– Performance Control and Resilience in Sales
– Open Business*
– Communication, Marketing & Sales in European Markets*
(* taught in English)
Important: Electives are held on weekday evenings or throughout the day on Saturdays. The number of participants per elective is limited. In case of overbooking, there will be a selection process.
Know more – do more
The requirements of the labor market are growing and growing – making it increasingly important to be “fit for the job” after completing your degree program. Curricula are improved on an ongoing basis so as to fit in with developments in the working world and new international trends. This is to prepare our graduates for the beginning of – or the next step in – their careers. Our motto spans from “know more” to “do more” – meaning that we focus more on practical strengths learned. Teaching, learning and exams at FHWien der WKW are completed in modules. This means: Topic blocks make up modules, and at the end of the module there is an exam.
What is a module?
A module is a teaching unit consisting of multiple topic blocks, which are thematically linked and cover a specific area relevant to the degree program. In this module, clearly defined skills will be developed, with an examination of all sub elements at the end.
How does it help students?
Teaching is directed towards learning outcomes. Competency-based learning and fewer exams – which are integrated and more comprehensive – make up the curricula. Students’ personal development and their employability in business is our central goal.
Job & Career
We offer a high-quality degree program which covers all areas of Marketing and Sales Management and which meets and exceeds the needs of businesses.
The first two semesters consist of foundation courses in business administration. After the first two semester, the core subjects of marketing and sales are introduced. Students can choose between the six specializations of “Influencer Marketing”, “Event Management”, “Communication, Marketing and Sales in European Markets”, “Mobile Marketing”, “Performance Control and Resilience in Sales” or “Open Business” from the 4th semester onwards.
The objective of the degree program is to train professional marketing and sales people for a wide range of different professional challenges. A career in a marketing and sales department of a small or large company or becoming self-employed are both possibilities for our graduates.
Job perspectives & Professional fields
- Marketing: strategic marketing management in national companies and international concerns, creating marketing concepts and strategies, (online) marketing consultancy. Planning, carrying out and steering advertising campaigns and public relations, direct marketing, product placement, media planning and event management
- Product management and brand management: product introduction, strategy, positioning, market leadership and analysis
- Consumers and market research: opinion, marketing and motivation research in market research departments, institutes and agencies
- Sales: direct sales, key account management, area or regional leaderships, keeping sales partner networks updated, franchise partner, customer relationship management (CRM), call center management
- Distribution management: logistics, supply chain management, efficient consumer response management
Curious about our study program? Inform yourself about the requirements and the admissions procedure at FHWien der WKW.
Subscribe to the Newsletter "All About Studying at FHWien"
Information about Study Programs & Application
Sie interessieren sich für ein Studium an der FHWien der WKW, Österreichs führender Fachhochschule für Management & Kommunikation? Dann abonnieren Sie jetzt unseren Newsletter „Informieren & studieren“ und erhalten Sie Wissenswertes zu Ihrem Wunsch-Studium und Tipps für Ihre Bewerbung um einen Studienplatz an der FHWien der WKW!
Are you interested in studying at FHWien der WKW, Austria’s leading university of applied sciences for management & communication? If so, then sign up for our newsletter “All About Studying at FHWien” and learn more about your favorite study program at FHWien der WKW and get exclusive application tips!
News & Events
Study Program & Contact
The Marketing & Sales Management Study Programs are a comprehensive provider of degree programs in the areas of marketing and sales, which are both business oriented and academically sound. Learn more about us:
- Team & contact
- News & events
Master's Degree Program
Master's Degree Program Marketing & Sales Management
The Master’s program in Marketing & Sales Management is a practice-oriented, part-time degree program. It offers an extensive specialization on strategic tasks for persons with leadership responsibility in marketing and sales.