Expanding and maintaining diverse networks is an essential part of our activities.
- Companies are crucial stakeholders. They provide impulses for new research questions, cooperate as project partners, are important recipients of our findings and provide valuable feedback.
- Cooperation with universities and other research institutions, both in Austria and internationally, is a crucial resource and the result of demanding third-party funding and publication projects.
- Projects with companies and third-party funded projects are resource, most important form and result of our work.
- IDS regularly publishes relevant findings in practice-oriented form and scientific journals. This provides meaningful contributions to the further development of practice as well as to scientific discourse.
- The researchers at the IDS exemplify scientific attitudes to students, involve them in discussion and work processes and communicate current results of our activities to them.
- The Research Institute contributes to the further development of the academic culture at FHWien der WKW by actively participating in the exchange between teaching, research, administration and management at our university.
Projects & Publications
Learning Studio for hybrid teams
Development of a “Living Studio” for hybrid teaching
The learning studio will create an infrastructure suitable for hybrid collaboration, which shall be integrated into classes. For this purpose, novel teaching methods will be designed and tested together with students and teachers, who will have the opportunity to use the entire hybrid workspace and equipment for learning purposes.
Sponsor: City of Vienna MA23 – Economy, Labor and Statistics
Project period: 01.01.2023 to 31.12.2025
Project duration: 36 months
Organizational Ambidexterity in SMEs
How can SMEs successfully respond to the demands of digital transformation?
The digital transformation is one of the greatest challenges for established companies in all industries. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) which constitute the foundation of the regional economy in Vienna are pressured to successfully transform their businesses.
Funding: City of Vienna (MA23 – Economy, Labor and Statistics)
Project period: 01.04.2022 to 31.03.2025
Project duration: 36 months
Sustainable digitalization of pharmaceutical logistics
Programme: COIN SME Innovation Networks, 13th call for proposals
Funding Organization: Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs
Implementing agency: FFG
Project period: 1.10.2021 to 30.09.2023
Project duration: 24 months
"Made in Austria: The Future of Production in Austria"
Study by the TU Vienna in cooperation with the Institute for Digital Transformation and Strategy (IDS) of FHWien der WKW.
Annual survey of over 100 managers in Austrian industrial companies to present the status quo and the expectations of domestic industry on a regular and methodical basis. Automation, digitalization and assistance systems play a central role in the survey.
Publications, Presentations & Podcasts
You can find the publications and presentations of our experts as well as the podcasts with researchers and guest speakers here.