What general conditions make our TeamLife attractive?
You can count on us: We are a reliable and stable employer, even in times of crisis.
We are proud that our efforts to ensure safety for staff, faculty and students have also been honoured publically. We are especially proud of our CEO Michael Heritsch’s excellent performance in the Leadersnet “Crisis Manager 2020” election. He achieved an outstanding third place, a bronze ranking, in the “Education” category.
More than 300 executives from Austrian companies in 13 industries were candidates in Leadersnet’s wide-ranging “Crisis Manager 2020” election. The evaluation was based on a school grading system. The results include assessments by a top-class jury of experts as well as a public vote in which 23,000 people cast their votes.
|We are a “higher education and family”-certified (“hochschuleundfamilie”) University of Applied Sciences, which means that we offer a family-friendly environment. Moreover, we offer one to two weeks of vacation care for your children in summer.|
|As part of the “Companies for Families” (Unternehmen für Familien) network, we are setting an example for extending our commitment to improving the compatibility of family and career within the university.|
You benefit from flexitime and flexible working time models. Here, our colleagues particularly appreciate
- individual part-time models
- a high degree of personal responsibility for scheduling
- the opportunity to benefit from mobile working days (depending on function and area of responsibility)
To grow your capabilities, you can choose from an annual offer of more than 100 courses, trainings and workshops:
- internal training program: social media, internationalization, office tips & tricks, leadership, science communication, e-learning, educational approaches, etc.
- external trainings, workshops, seminars, meetings and conferences
- Career steps and further education are defined in the annual employee interview. Support is available for your dissertation when completing a doctoral degree.
We offer an environment that allows and encourages open communication:
- The intranet (InsideFHWien) of FHWien der WKW provides internal communication. All employees are invited to share their current topics here.
- The employee newsletter and the digital press review supplement the flow of information.
- Goals are discussed in regular staff meetings – mutual feedback is a must.
- Employee surveys are conducted every two years, in order to respond to developments within the company and to implement improvements.
- Senior managers meet twice a year to exchange information on current topics.
- The VIS-Zack team is a group of brand ambassadors from all areas of FHWien der WKW. We live our values. This means that the VIS-Zack team regularly gives feedback to the management team and develops measures to fill our values with life and make them visible. Get to know the team here!
By working with over 170 partner universities worldwide, we offer an international environment that you can take advantage of:
- opportunities to participate in an Erasmus Staff Mobility Program
- high number of incomings and English-language programs
- accessible, friendly and modernly equipped workplaces with height-adjustable desks
- smart working concept (depending on the area of activity): think tanks for concentrated work, home bases as general workplaces, rooms for meetings and collaboration
FHWien der WKW is located at the WKO Campus Vienna, which is centrally located at Währinger Gürtel 97 in Vienna’s 18th district. FHWien der WKW is easily accessible by public transport to the station Währinger Strasse/Volksoper:
- Subway line U6
- Tram lines 40, 41 and 42
- Bus lines 37A and 40A
We have set ourselves the goal of supporting the health of all our employees. In autumn of 2019, we founded the project “TeamLife Gesund & Fit” and committed ourselves to the “BGF Charta“. In doing so, we are documenting our commitment to the principles of a healthy company. We implement the project in cooperation with the Austrian Health Insurance Fund (“Österreichische Gesundheitskasse”).
Take advantage of our health promotion services (vaccinations, hearing and vision tests, stress prevention, etc.) to stay healthy.
Therefore, we offer catering on campus:
- weekly fruit delivery during the cold season
- in addition to the restaurant, in-house kitchens for dining are available, plus the sun terrace during warmer months
- regular staff events to learn new things and exchange ideas with colleagues far away from the daily work routine (e.g. department breakfasts, summer parties, lecturer gatherings in local wineries (Heurigen))
- annual Christmas party
- joint participation in sports events (e.g. Vienna Business Run, FH Oberösterreich Linz Triathlon).
- Free in-house lending library and access to digital resources
- Extensive range of sports courses through low-cost membership at the WKO Sportunion (incl. children of employees up to age 19)
- Discounts at the neighboring pharmacy
- Make appointments with the hairdresser of WIFI (only costs for materials)
- Discounts at Fleming’s Hotel Wien Westbahnhof
- Discounts at a variety of brands via an external cooperation platform
|Especially as a university of applied sciences, diversity is a special challenge for us in a positive sense, which we face proactively. FHWien der WKW stands for the promotion of diversity and appreciation of all members of society – regardless of gender, age, origin and skin color, sexual orientation, religion, ideology or disability.
At FHWien der WKW, women comprise 45 % of our managers.
|Implementation of the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) guarantees the ongoing transformation of FHWien der WKW into a university that trains managers to think and act sustainably – economically, ecologically and socially.|
|Under the motto “Bringing the Sustainable Development Goals to Life”, we are working to bring the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to life at our University of Applied Sciences and integrate them into the curricula.|
Your start at FHWien der WKW
Every beginning is hard? That’s exactly what we want to prevent. We support your entry into TeamLife at FHWien der WKW with a 4-step onboarding plan:
- You will be assigned a mentor from your first day of work and thus will have a direct contact for all your questions.
- A detailed training plan provides you with the best possible support during your training period.
- Regular feedback meetings accompany your onboarding process.
- You will learn everything about our values, positioning and organization directly from our Managing Director Michael Heritsch at the Welcome-on-Board breakfast.
FHWien der WKW
Working at FHWien der WKW – our TeamLife – is diverse, interesting and meaningful.
Our job offers
Find our current vacancies here. We are looking forward to receiving your compelling application!
Our employees talk about their experiences with FHWien der WKW as an employer and about their areas of responsibility.