Together with Lauder Business School, FHWien der WKW won funding from the City of Vienna, to help internationalize their teaching. The project is entitled „Internationalization@home relaunched – teaching and learning in a professional, contemporary and cosmopolitan context“ and focuses both on a greater integration between local and international students and teaching staff, and offers targeted training courses for teaching staff.
The project concentrates on three areas:
Further increasing the quality and scope of elective courses in International Management, to make them more attractive for both local and international students
Organizing workshops and events for international lecturers and local teaching staff from FHWien der WKW and Lauder Business School (LBS) to meet with one another.
Targeted training measures promoting internationalization, the first of which is the “English Language Café”, a low-threshold drop-in class for staff to practice speaking in English.
The overall objective of the project is to internationalize teaching at FHWien der WKW and LBS in a professional manner based on contemporary teaching methods.
- Participating in international research and development projects
- Student mobility and staff mobility for teaching and training: teaching and administrative staff exchange, student exchange as part of the Erasmus program, bilateral co-operation with non-EU member countries, summer sessions abroad
- International networking with universities to conclude exchange agreements and double degree agreements
- Internships abroad
- Internationalization of the curriculum by offering an extensive range of English-language courses as well as the integration of international content and teaching methods at FHWien der WKW
- Implementation of the ECHE (European Charter for Higher Education) 2014-2020
- Diploma Supplements
Future internationalization projects:
- Degree programs in English
- Strategic development of international networks with partner universities and business partners
- Compulsory international internships or study-abroad semesters in full-time Bachelor’s degree programs
International education and mobility
Partnerships and mobility
- Collaboration with over 140 partner universities and expansion of the partner university network (for example Erasmus+)
- Coordination of student mobility: Erasmus+, bilateral agreements, free movers, top-up degrees and double degrees
- Academic support for incoming students
- Advice, preparation, coordination and support of outgoing students during their time abroad
- Organization of events for incoming and outgoing students
- German as a foreign language
Extracurricular lecture program in International Management
Our teaching staff come from all around the world and teach lectures on various topics in the fields of business and communication.
Erasmus Student Network
The Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is a European, politically independent, voluntary student organization. ESN has grown steadily since being founded in 1989, and ESN sections can today be found in over 480 universities in forty countries. There are around 150 active members in Austria alone in a total of 17 universities.
What are the goals of ESN?
- Supporting exchange students
- Promoting intercultural exchange and the integration of exchange students
- Representing the interests of exchange students at a local and international level
- Contributing to the evaluation and development of different exchange programs
The ESN section of FHWien der WKW was set up in 2006 and is now a registered association. The section works closely with CIEM to ensure the well-being of exchange students arriving in Vienna.
The ESN section of FHWien der WKW offers the following services:
- Organization of the buddy program – individual support for incoming students
- Planning events, trips and excursions for incoming students
- Communication and cooperation with other ESN sections
- Taking part in national and international ESN Events
Buddy Network & ESN Membership
Are you a student at FHWien der WKW who wants to gain international experience whilst studying in Vienna? Then the ESN team is right for you! You can develop and improve your intercultural competencies, improve your foreign language skills, build up an international network and of course have a lot of fun, all while being a member of the ESN section of FHWien der WKW or a buddy for an incoming student.
Becoming an ESN member
There are many different roles in an ESN team, from event planning or social media management, to the graphic design of our information and advertising material. If you are interested, please e-mail email@example.com.
As an ESN member, you will also receive an ESN card. An ESN cards gets you discounts in all countries where there is an ESN section. The card is valid for a year once issued. For more information about the benefits of having an ESN card click here.
Buddies support the incoming students arriving at FHWien der WKW during their study-abroad semester. There are often many questions to be answered at the beginning of the semester: How do I get about in Vienna? Where are the best parts of the city? How do I make my way through the bureaucratic jungle as efficiently as possible? The buddy system often gives way to lasting friendships. Information about how to register as a buddy and FAQs can be found in the ESN section of FHWien der WKW’s website.
Tuesday: 10:00 – 12:00 (Mobility and language courses)
Wednesday: 13:00 – 16:00 (Mobility and language courses)
Thursday: 14:00 – 17:00 (Mobility)
Please note: Our opening hours are different during the holidays, so please make an appointment.