Your first steps in the world of management!
The Bachelor’s degree program Management & Entrepreneurship fulfills business requirements for universally useful managers. Our lecturers are experts from the worlds of business and science and help ensure our teaching combines the perfect balance of theory and practice.
Students are not just taught the required specialist knowledge; we also work with them to further develop their methodical, communicative and social skills. Dedication, ability to work in a team and the willingness of students to self-reflect after feedback are our core values.
Become a coveted business generalist!
- Comprehensive knowledge in business administration and business law
- Entrepreneurial thinking and interdisciplinary analytical skills
- Development of methodical, communicative and social skills
- Case Studies, projects with partner businesses
- Focus on internationalization
- Specialization: Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Start-up Management, Innovation and Change Management
Type of degree program
- Full-time (FT) (during the day),
- Full-time (FT) bilingual (during the day, up to 50% of classes in English), or
- Part-Time (PT) evenings and sometimes at the weekend
Teaching on three to five days per week in this time frame:
- Part-time: Mon-Thu: 18:30 – 21:45, Fri: 14:50 – 21:45, if necessary also occasionally on Saturday, in the 5th semester one intensive week (Mon-Sat 8:30-18:30), re-examinations on weekdays from 16:00 possible
- Full-time: 8:30–18:30 (usually Mon to Fri 8:30–13:40), in the 5th semester together with part-time students and occasionally also on Saturday
Language of instruction
- FT: German or Bilingual (German/English)
- PT: German
In the 4rd Semester (Full-time: obligatory; Part-time: optional)
Internship in the 6th semester (duration minimum 450 hours)
Transfer credit possible for students working in a related field while studying
Start of the degree program
At the beginning of the winter semester in September
Place of study
wko campus wien, Währinger Gürtel 97, 1180 Vienna
(U6 metro station Währinger Straße/Volksoper)
Focus & Qualifications
Solid business administration skills, as well as methodical skills, communication skills and social skills give students the opportunity to work in a large number of industries and functions.
The focus of the degree program
The degree programs (full-time and part-time) are based on the following four areas:
Comprehensive knowledge in business administration and business law
i.e. strategic and operative management, accounting, business controlling, marketing, HR management, organization, business law
Entrepreneurial thinking and interdisciplinary analytical skills
i.e. case studies, business simulations, business field projects with partner companies
Development of methodical, communicative and social skills
i.e. project management, research skills and methods, business English, personality development, team work, career planning and entrepreneurial skills
Specialization in one of the five following areas
Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Start-up Management, Innovation and Change Management
The Bachelor’s degree program in Management & Entrepreneurship is geared towards the following target groups:
- Graduates from all types of secondary school, who see a future for themselves in management and who want to keep all sectors and career fields open (i.e. business controlling, marketing, HR)
- (Future) business leaders, who want to implement their new business ideas and want to lead a crisis-proof company
- People in technical or scientific career fields, who need solid business studies skills to be promoted to a management position
- Commercial specialists who need a good understanding of how businesses work, so as to further their careers.
The degree program is offered in two formats, part-time (classes in the evening) and full-time (classes during the day).
It is possible to complete approximately 50% of courses in English in the bilingual full-time degree program.
The part-time degree program is held at times which are compatible for people with careers and is also supported by e-learning elements and the improved distribution of exams throughout the semester.
During the first three semesters of the Bachelor’s degree, the theoretical fundamentals of business administration (i.e. responsible management, accounting, marketing, HR management) and business law (i.e. contract law, company law) are covered. The development of methodical, communicative and social skills are also concentrated on in the first three semesters.
In the 4th, 5th and 6th semester, analysis of the connections between the different areas of expertise comes to the fore (lateral thinking). In the last few semesters the practical relevance of teaching increases. Practical relevance is ensured by introducing guest lecturers from companies, internships and allowing students to carry out real-life business field projects. The practical relevance of the degree program is guaranteed throughout, due to the employment of external lecturers with a background in business.
The high level of practical relevance guarantees that we are at the forefront of business and that our graduates will have excellent chances on the labor market.
Graduates receive the title Bachelor of Arts in Business, or BA and can pursue a Master’s degree in a related field at a domestic or international university of applied sciences or university.
Know more – do more
The requirements of the labor market are growing and growing – making it increasingly important to be “fit for the job” after completing your degree program. Curricula are improved on an ongoing basis so as to fit in with developments in the working world and new international trends. This is to prepare our graduates for the beginning of – or the next step in – their careers. Our motto spans from “know more” to “do more” – meaning that we focus more on practical strengths learned. Teaching, learning and exams at FHWien der WKW are completed in modules. This means: Topic blocks make up modules, and at the end of the module there is an exam.
What is a module?
A module is a teaching unit consisting of multiple topic blocks, which are thematically linked and cover a specific area relevant to the degree program. In this module, clearly defined skills will be developed, with an examination of all sub elements at the end.
How does it help students?
Teaching is directed towards learning outcomes. Competency-based learning and fewer exams – which are integrated and more comprehensive – make up the curricula. Students’ personal development and their employability in business is our central goal.
Job & Career
Qualifications & Competences
As a graduate of the Bachelor’s program Management & Entrepreneurship you are an economic generalist. The course content and the resulting qualifications and competences are based on the following three pillars:
- Comprehensive know-how in business administration and business law:
Responsible Strategic and Operational Management, Accounting, Controlling, Marketing, Personnel Management, Organization, Business Law
- Entrepreneurial thinking and interdisciplinary analytical skills:
e.g. case studies, company simulations (business games), practical projects with partner companies
- Further development of methodological, communicative and social skills:
Project Management, Scientific Work, Business English, Personality Development, Team Skills, Career Planning, Entrepreneurial Skills
In addition, students can choose one of the five specialization possibilities:
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Entrepreneurship and Start-up Management
- Innovation and Change Management
Constantly changing tasks in a dynamic business environment make up the job careers of today. The requirements on employees change multiple times throughout their careers. This is especially true for those who have a management position. Flexible business generalists with the ability to analyze across disciplines (lateral thinking), who are equipped to take on responsibility are important for the labor market. The Bachelor’s degree program in Management & Entrepreneurship comprehensively prepares you for this!
Career possibilities in all sectors (i.e. sector, trade, consultancy) for all sizes of company and functional areas (i.e. business controlling, marketing, HR). Graduates from Management & Entrepreneurship have various career options:
- Junior manager in the area of business controlling, finance, marketing, HR, organization etc.
- Assistant to the CEO
- Project management
- Management consulting
- Company start-up
Surveys regularly confirm the fantastic integration of our graduates on the labor market (for example in the IHS graduate monitoring from 2015).
Curious about our study program? Inform yourself about the requirements and the admissions procedure at FHWien der WKW.
News & Events
Study Programs & Contact
The Management & Entrepreneurship Study Programs train the leaders and business founders of the future. Learn more about the Study Programs:
- team & contact
- news & events
Master's Degree Program
Master's Degree Program Executive Management
The Master’s degree program in Executive Management offer graduates a two-year, part-time, generalist business degree for managers. Graduates of this program are equipped with all the necessary skills to manage companies that want to exploit their growth potential internationally.