Graduates of this program are equipped with all the necessary skills to manage companies that want to exploit their growth potential internationally. Emphasis in this English-language Master’s program is placed on the strategic management of organizational growth and restructuring processes. The development of problem-solving skills, leadership capabilities and the ability to adapt to changes in the business environment are also key focus areas.
- Program taught in English
- Uses the established MOC Harvard method (Microeconomics of Competitiveness)
- Comprehensive teaching in interdisciplinary business administration as an important supplement to previously completed specialist training
Type of degree program
Teaching usually two to three days per week in this time frame:
Lectures are mainly held on Thursday evenings, Fridays from 14:50 and all-day on Saturday;
Resit examinations possible on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 16:00
Language of instruction
Possible in the 3rd semester, also as a summer school
Every winter term in September
wko campus wien, Währinger Gürtel 97, 1180 Vienna
(U6 station Währinger Straße/Volksoper)
Information on Admission
- Deadlines & Dates
- Requirements for our Master’s program Executive Management
- Specific Admissions procedure for our MA Executive Management
€ 363.36 per semester (excl. Austrian students’ union fee)
Focus & Qualifications
The Master’s degree program in Executive Management offer graduates a two-year, part-time, generalist business degree for managers.
The program prepares graduates for leadership roles in the management of organizations. The Master’s Degree in Executive Management includes a large amount of interdisciplinary courses and projects. The aim is to train students to become “business all-rounders”, so that they can recognize the interactions between all business areas.
The focus of the degree program
The contents of the degree program is based on the following four pillars:
- Strategic management: current management models, international trends, strategic controlling and change management
- Organizational growth: development and implementation of expansion strategies both in Austria and internationally, company growth processes, innovation management, business planning and much more
- Organizational restructuring: crisis prevention, crisis identification, company restructuring, turn around management
- Leadership behavior development of social skills, team development, leadership, conflict management
The degree program in Executive Management is geared towards graduates who already have a basic knowledge of business administration. For example
- Graduates of specialized business degrees (i.e. real estate, finance, marketing) who want to have broader career opportunities in their field by having a more comprehensive perspective of business.
- Self-employed persons, who want to protect themselves by identifying possibilities for crisis.
- Graduates from non-business degree programs (i.e. technology, natural sciences, law) with professional experience in a business environment and who need a sound knowledge of management.
The degree program offers graduates a supplement to their prior specialism and permits them to gain a strategic management perspective, which is necessary for reaching the next rung of the career ladder.
Graduates are able to recognize and develop the national and international growth potential of their companies as well as carrying out reorganization measures. Good social skills are important for managers, who must respond in a genuine and proactive way.
Know more – do more
The requirements of the labor market are growing and growing – making it increasingly important to be “fit for the job” after completing your degree program. Curricula are improved on an ongoing basis so as to fit in with developments in the working world and new international trends. This is to prepare our graduates for the beginning of – or the next step in – their careers. Our motto spans from “know more” to “do more” – meaning that we focus more on practical strengths learned. Teaching, learning and exams at FHWien der WKW are completed in modules. This means: Topic blocks make up modules, and at the end of the module there is an exam.
What is a module?
A module is a teaching unit consisting of multiple topic blocks, which are thematically linked and cover a specific area relevant to the degree program. In this module, clearly defined skills will be developed, with an examination of all sub elements at the end.
How does it help students?
Teaching is directed towards learning outcomes. Competency-based learning and fewer exams – which are integrated and more comprehensive – make up the curricula. Students’ personal development and their employability in business is our central goal.
Quotes of graduates & lecturers
What makes this program special is its interdisciplinary orientation, which provides students with a comprehensive understanding of different processes in companies.
The teaching of contents in projects and lectures held by well-known entrepreneurs and adjunct faculty promotes the networking of students with managers from the real world.
Job & Career
A variety of areas of responsibility and constantly changing professional challenges define current and future careers in management. The requirements on employees will change multiple times throughout their careers.
Strategically minded business generalists with leadership skills are needed now more than ever. A Master’s Degree in Executive Management prepares you for this.
Graduates from a Master’s degree program in Executive Management can work in one of the following fields in a management position in all sectors and company sizes.
Positions & Functions
Examples for positions and functions of graduates:
- Commercial manager
- Managing partner
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Senior consultant
- Project manager
- Business unit, company or branch manager
- Company founder or successor
Activities & Tasks
Activities and tasks carried out by graduates include
- Development of strategic goals for companies or divisions
- Operative Management and leadership of the company, project management
- Staff management
- Creating budgets and finance plans
- Development of mid-term business plans
- Internal and external communication
- Development, acquisition, management and implementation of consultancy projects.
Qualifications & Skills
Graduates of the Master’s degree program in Executive Management are business generalists. The content of the program and therefore your unique qualities are in:
- Leadership: management of team, team building, conflict management
- Strategic management: management models
- Growth management: managing organic growth, growth through mergers and acquisitions, business collaboration, aspects of international expansion, increasing personnel
- Restructuring including financing: core elements of corporate restructuring, insolvency law, special areas of financing, layoff of staff
- Management systems: building and dealing with management systems, management information systems
- Multi-project management: project controlling
- Company start-up: evaluating business ideas, business plans
Curious about our study programs? Inform yourself about the requirements and the admissions procedure at FHWien der WKW.
Subscribe to the Newsletter "All About Studying at FHWien"
Information about Study Programs & Application
Sie interessieren sich für ein Studium an der FHWien der WKW, Österreichs führender Fachhochschule für Management & Kommunikation? Dann abonnieren Sie jetzt unseren Newsletter „Informieren & studieren“ und erhalten Sie Wissenswertes zu Ihrem Wunsch-Studium und Tipps für Ihre Bewerbung um einen Studienplatz an der FHWien der WKW!
Are you interested in studying at FHWien der WKW, Austria’s leading university of applied sciences for management & communication? If so, then sign up for our newsletter “All About Studying at FHWien” and learn more about your favorite study program at FHWien der WKW and get exclusive application tips!
News & Events
Study Programs & Contact
The Management & Entrepreneurship Study Programs at FHWien der WKW train the leaders and business founders of the future. Learn more about us:
- Team & contact
- News & events