As of January 9, 2024, you can apply for the study programs at FHWien der WKW starting in fall 2024. The application deadline is March 25, 2024. For applicants with final documents from a third country, the application period ends on March 4, 2024.
After registering in our online application tool, you will receive your personal login data by e-mail. You can use this data to access the application tool and complete your application.
You can find instructions for the application tool here.
You can upload all the documents required for your application directly in the application tool. You can find out which documents you need in the checklist for Master’s students. Please have these documents ready before you start the application process.
Applicants with a foreign degree must have their documents translated into German or English by a court certified translator. Please respect the relevant rules of certification for your country. Determining the equivalence of certificates/degrees from foreign countries can take up to three weeks. For this reason we recommend that you upload the relevant documentation in a timely manner.
The computer-based admissions test will take place online. Therefore, you do not need to come to FHWien der WKW. Once we have received your documents, you will receive an e-mail requesting that you log in and choose a date for the general business administration test and the tourism management specific test.
Depending on your prior business and tourism knowledge, we recommend the following literature to help you prepare for the admissions test:
- Ebert, R.J., Griffin, R.W.: Business Essentials, Pearson, United Kingdom, 2018, 12th edition
- Drury, C.: Management Accounting for Business, Cengage Learning EMEA, United Kingdom, 2019, 7th edition.
- Vanhove, N.: Economics of Tourism Destinations.Theory and Practice, Taylor & Francis Group, 2017
It is not compulsory to read everything; they are just suggestions that you could use to prepare yourself with.
We see ourselves as the leading university of applied sciences for management & communication. Therefore, you can expect a particularly challenging admissions procedure. Since we want to know what potential you have, the computer-based test contains a number of questions that are not easy to answer. Please do not be discouraged by this! This will give us a more accurate picture of your potential and talents.
Seize the opportunity to show us and yourself what you can do!
Examples: Test questions (general business administration)
Degree program specific admissions procedure
You will be invited to an individual interview. This will provide us with an opportunity to get to know you, your experiences, your strengths and motivations.
- The interviews will take place in August and will be held online via Zoom in order not to disadvantage international applicants. The duration of the interview is 45 minutes, of which 10 minutes are preparation time for a small tourism case study and another 35 minutes for the presentation and the actual interview.
- You will be able to select a date and time within a given range.