Tackling all types of management situations requires great communication skills and sound expert knowledge. This conviction led us to launch our MBA program in 2009, pooling the strengths of FHWien der WKW in the fields of management and communication.
Our program has been internationally accredited by FIBAA, and has a fixed place in the highly competitive MBA market in Austria. Our goal: To equip you with all the necessary skills to analyze situations from a leadership perspective and develop solutions that are supported by the whole company.
We do all this in just 17 months. Rise up to the challenge!
All courses are held close to the city center at FHWien der WKW in the 18th district in Vienna.
- Two weeks abroad at an international business school
- Prestigious strategy module based on material from Harvard Business School (made possible by FHWien der WKW joining Harvard Business School’s MOC network)
- International accreditation (FIBAA accreditation)
- Innovative, skills-oriented learning and fewer, more comprehensive examinations as part of a modularized curriculum
- Career friendly format: 10 Friday/Saturday blocks per semester
Type of degree program
(occasionally Thursday evening)
Language of instruction
German and English
Study abroad module
Two weeks long, compulsory, in the second semester at an international business school
Always in September
wko campus wien, Währinger Gürtel 97, 1180 Vienna
(U6 station Währinger Straße/Volksoper)
Focus & Qualifications
The International MBA in Management & Communications is a postgraduate continuing education program for decision makers who want to improve their leadership skills with an academically sound and practice-oriented program.
The program teaches a broad, generalist understanding of management and is completed in just 17 months with an internationally recognized MBA (Master of Business Administration).
- Teaching a comprehensive generalist understanding of management, which integrates business and communication expertise
- Gaining of specialist, social and implementation skills, to meet the requirements of a modern leader
- International university flair due to a study-abroad module at an international business school and a strategy module based on materials from Harvard Business School
A select mix of professors, lecturers and practitioners make up the teaching staff at FHWien der WKW.
They are either academics or have relevant business experience and a very high level of pedagogical skills.
Know more – do more
The requirements of the labor market are growing and growing – making it increasingly important to be “fit for the job” after completing your degree program. Curricula are improved on an ongoing basis so as to fit in with developments in the working world and new international trends. This is to prepare our graduates for the beginning of – or the next step in – their careers. Our motto spans from “know more” to “do more” – meaning that we focus more on practical strengths learned. Teaching, learning and exams at FHWien der WKW are completed in modules. This means: Topic blocks make up modules, and at the end of the module there is an exam.
What is a module?
A module is a teaching unit consisting of multiple topic blocks, which are thematically linked and cover a specific area relevant to the degree program. In this module, clearly defined skills will be developed, with an examination of all sub elements at the end.
How does it help students?
Teaching is directed towards learning outcomes. Competency-based learning and fewer exams – which are integrated and more comprehensive – make up the curricula. Students’ personal development and their employability in business is our central goal.
Quotes of graduates & lecturers
I was able to gain comprehensive expertise in HR management and general business studies in just 17 months. My academic degree was very useful for me while I was searching for a job.
The international modules, the study-abroad module in the US and the intercultural dialogue with lecturers and colleagues gave me a new perspective and helped me develop new solutions for professional issues. An additional asset is the way in which the MBA program fits in so well with career and family and that the campus is located so centrally.
The MBA program gave me a fresh-up on strategy, management and communication tools. The multidisciplinary exchange with fellow students and the deep scientific examination of the topic of digitalization were also very valuable for me.
Leadership tasks require equally well-founded business and communication skills. In three compact semesters, you will acquire state-of-the-art competencies that will enable you to develop solutions from the perspective of a manager that are supported by the entire company. Take up the challenge of our internationally accredited MBA program, which has been successful since 2009!
The MBA at FHWien der WKW prepared me very well for my job as CEO.
Job & Career
Graduates from the MBA program will have improved their leadership skills and will be qualified for high-up leadership positions in all sectors. The career field is very broad, in that the comprehensive view is prioritized over the purely specialist view.
Graduates will be qualified for positions in general management, executive management or management consultancy, in marketing or corporate communication, as well as in the areas of business controlling and finance:
- Head of Marketing or Sales Division
- Head of Controlling / Internal and External Accounting
- Head of Corporate Communication
- Project Manager
- Senior Consultant
- Company Founder
Target group and admissions requirements
- Decision makers/practitioners with or without a background in business, who want to develop their leadership skills and/or want to qualify themselves for a more senior position.
- It is beneficial if applicants have already completed a degree (in Austria or in a foreign country)
- Many years of relevant professional experience (part of which in a leadership capacity) before and during the MBA program.
- A good knowledge of English (at least B1)
Come talk to us!
Call us or write us an e-mail: Manfred Schieber (tel.: 0800 40 00 77-04, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)! Together we will discuss whether the intended study program is the right one for you and whether you meet all admission requirements.
Send all documents (letter of motivation, résumé, certificates) to email@example.com.
University places awarded: 2 weeks after receipt of your documents at the latest
Due to the limited number of places available, it is recommended that you apply as early as possible.
- Tax reimbursement: You can write off the tuition fees against your taxes, as long as the continuing education program is relevant or related to your current occupational field. The tax advantage depends on your total income. You could be reimbursed for up to 43.6% of the tuition fees! More information can be found here:
Bundesministerium für Finanzen (Federal Ministry of Finance)
Hintere Zollamtsstraße 2b, 1030 Wien
Tel.: 01/514 33-0
www.bmf.gv.atThe e-mail contact form can be found here: www.bmf.gv.at/service/allg/feedback/_start.asp
- BFB Training allowance for companies:
Subsidies in Austria
All information is without guarantee. Please be aware that we cannot make any guarantees about subsidies!