Manfred J. Schieber, MA, MBA, MSc
Head of Program
International MBA in Management & Communications
- Benefit from individual solutions by working on an individual business case
- Two weeks abroad at an international business school
- Career-friendly format: high proportion of distance learning
- Prestigious strategy module based on material from Harvard Business School (made possible by FHWien der WKW joining Harvard Business School’s MOC network)
- International focus as courses are held in English by international teaching staff
- Innovative, skills-oriented learning and fewer, more comprehensive examinations as part of a modularized curriculum
Type of degree program
There are two class sessions per semester (each three days). The other classes are carried via distance learning. This setting allows both students and lecturers from more remote residential or work locations to organize their participation in the program.
Language of instruction
English (Exams und Master’s thesis may be completed in German)
Study abroad module
Two weeks long, compulsory, after the second semester at an international business school (Summer Sessions)
wko campus wien, Währinger Gürtel 97, 1180 Vienna
(U6 station Währinger Straße/Volksoper)
€ 19,500 for the whole degree program (excl. student union fee)
Please note this does not include the travel and accommodation costs for the time spent abroad.
- 10 % Early Bird Bonus for bookings until May 31, 2023
- Discount for FHWien graduates: 10 %
Here you find an overview of the funding opportunities.
Focus & Qualifications
The International MBA in Management & Communications is a postgraduate continuing education program for decision makers who want to improve their leadership skills with an academically sound and practice-oriented program.
In particular, the topics Internationalization and Sustainability, as well as Corporate Responsibility, will be addressed starting in September 2023. In doing so, we recognize the market demand for specific soft skills and bear in mind the requests of our applicants.
The program teaches a broad, generalist understanding of management and is completed in just 17 months with an internationally recognized MBA (Master of Business Administration).
- Responsible Entrepreneurship & Management
- Leadership and Leadership Communication
- Strategic Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Innovation Management
- Business Communications
- Teaching a comprehensive generalist understanding of management, which integrates business and communication expertise
- Gaining of specialist, social and implementation skills, to meet the requirements of a modern leader
- International university flair due to a study-abroad module at an international business school and a strategy module based on materials from Harvard Business School
A select mix of professors, lecturers and practitioners make up the teaching staff at FHWien der WKW.
They are either academics or have relevant business experience and a very high level of pedagogical skills.
Know more – do more
The requirements of the labor market are growing and growing – making it increasingly important to be “fit for the job” after completing your degree program. You will therefore begin your studies by defining an individual business case from your professional environment or career aspirations. This case will be the framework for the practical application of the various aspects of the core modules. Solving tasks that arise from the connection between the “individual case” and the module contents is part of the performance evaluation.
How does it help students?
Teaching is directed towards learning outcomes. Competency-based learning and the immediate implementation in the field make up the curricula. Students’ personal development and their employability in business is our central goal.
Quotes of graduates & lecturers
The MBA program gave me a fresh-up on strategy, management and communication tools. The multidisciplinary exchange with fellow students and the deep scientific examination of the topic of digitalization were also very valuable for me.
The MBA at FHWien der WKW prepared me very well for my job as CEO.
I was able to gain comprehensive expertise in HR management and general business studies in just 17 months. My academic degree was very useful for me while I was searching for a job.
Leadership tasks require equally well-founded business and communication skills. In three compact semesters, you will acquire state-of-the-art competencies that will enable you to develop solutions from the perspective of a manager that are supported by the entire company. Take up the challenge of our practice-oriented MBA program, which has been successful since 2009!
Job & Career
Graduates from the MBA program will have improved their leadership skills and will be qualified for high-up leadership positions in all sectors. The career field is very broad, in that the comprehensive view is prioritized over the purely specialist view.
Graduates will be qualified for positions in general management, executive management or management consultancy, in marketing or corporate communication, as well as in the areas of business controlling and finance:
- Head of Marketing or Sales Division
- Head of Controlling / Internal and External Accounting
- Head of Corporate Communication
- Project Manager
- Senior Consultant
- Company Founder
- Decision makers/practitioners with or without a background in business, who want to develop their leadership skills and/or want to qualify themselves for a more senior position.
- Completion of a university or a university of applied sciences degree (180 ECTS)
- At least 4 years of professional experience or at least 2 years of management experience
- A good knowledge of English (at least B2)
If you have any questions about the International MBA in Management & Communications we would be happy to answer them either in person, via telephone 0800 40 00 77-04 or mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Come talk to us!
Call us or write us an e-mail: Manfred Schieber (tel.: 0800 40 00 77-04, e-mail: email@example.com)! Together we will discuss whether the intended study program is the right one for you and whether you meet all admission requirements.
Send all documents (letter of motivation, résumé, certificates) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
University places awarded: 2 weeks after receipt of your documents at the latest
Due to the limited number of places available, it is recommended that you apply as early as possible.
- Tax reimbursement: You can write off the tuition fees against your taxes, as long as the continuing education program is relevant or related to your current occupational field. The tax advantage depends on your total income. You could be reimbursed for up to 43.6% of the tuition fees! More information can be found here:
Bundesministerium für Finanzen (Federal Ministry of Finance)
Hintere Zollamtsstraße 2b, 1030 Wien
Tel.: 01/514 33-0
www.bmf.gv.atThe e-mail contact form can be found here: www.bmf.gv.at/service/allg/feedback/_start.asp
- BFB Training allowance for companies:
Subsidies in Austria
- Datenbank Weiterbildungsförderung (English)
- Wiener ArbeitnehmerInnen Förderungsfonds (English)
- Arbeiterkammer in German
- Weiterbildungsgeld AMS (German)
- Wiener Wirtschaftsförderungsfonds (English)
- You could also save money with help from your employer (for more information see here www.bmf.gv.at)
All information is without guarantee. Please be aware that we cannot make any guarantees about subsidies!