Starting from January 11, 2021, you can apply for study programs at FHWien der WKW which start in autumn 2021. The application deadline is May 3, 2021. For applicants with final documents from a third country, the application period ends on April 6, 2021.
You will receive your personal login data via e-mail once you have registered. With the login data, you will have access to our online application form. This form should be printed out once you have filled it out.
You will need various copies of documents as well as your printed and signed application form. You can find out which documents you need in the checklist for Master’s students.
Applicants with a foreign degree must have their documents translated into German or English by a court certified translator. Please respect the relevant rules of certification for your country. Determining the equivalence of certificates/degrees from foreign countries can take up to three weeks. For this reason we recommend that you send in the relevant documentation in a timely manner.
Together with a printout of the application form, all application documents (loose, not stuck together in any way) should be sent by mail to:
FHWien der WKW
Währinger Gürtel 97
The postmark is used as proof of the date of mailing.
The admission procedure will take place online in 2021. Therefore, you do not need to come to FHWien der WKW.
Once we have received your documents, you will receive an e-mail requesting that you log in and choose a date for the general business studies test.
The aptitude test is multiple choice, filled out on a computer and evaluates your existing level of knowledge about business and is in English.
Depending on your prior business knowledge, we recommend the following literature to help prepare you for the general business test. Please note: This are simply books that you could use for preparation:
- Ebert, R.J., Griffin, R.W.: Business Essentials, Pearson, United Kingdom, 2018, 12th edition
- Drury, C.: Management Accounting for Business, Cengage Learning EMEA, United Kingdom, 2019, 7th edition
The emphasis of the degree program specific test is on the areas of communication, marketing and integrated communication management. We recommend the following literature in preparation for the degree program specific test which is held in German:
- Burkart, Roland (2019): Kommunikationswissenschaft. Grundlagen und Problemfelder. 5. Auflage. Wien/Köln/Weimar: Böhlau Verlag. Kap. 2 (S.21-61), Kap. 3 (S. 63-81), Kap. 5 (S. 105-133), Kap. 6 (S. 135-225), Kap. 7 (Kap. 7.1 – Kap. 7.6: S. 227-273; Kap. 7.8, S. 306-354) und Kap. 8.4 (S. 403-417).
- Bruhn, Manfred (2014): Integrierte Unternehmens- und Markenkommunikation. Strategische Planung und operative Umsetzung. 6. Auflage. Stuttgart: Schäffer-Poeschel Verlag. Kap. 1-3 (S. 1-156).
- Kotler, Philip/Keller, Kevin/Opresnik, Marc (2017): Marketing-Management. Konzepte-Instrumente-Unternehmensfallstudien, 15. Aufl. Hallbergmoos
We see ourselves as the leading university of applied sciences for management & communication. Therefore, you can expect a particularly challenging admissions procedure.
Since we want to know what potential you have, the computer-based test contains a number of questions that are not easy to answer. Please do not be discouraged by this! This will give us a more accurate picture of your potential and talents.
Seize the opportunity to show us what potential and strengths you already have!