Insurance companies are intensively looking for qualified employees with competencies in a combination of law + business + insurance. Our new Bachelor’s program in Insurance Management combines exactly these areas to a perfect education on an academic level. Apply now for one of 32 study places starting in fall 2023 at the Vienna Management Academy by FHWien der WKW!
Our part-time continuing education program in Insurance Management will for the first time offer a new, unique combination of specialist knowledge and leadership skills, paired with personality development and the practice-based perfecting of skills in insurance management at an academic level, starting in fall 2023.
The training objectives go beyond the acquisition of pure technical knowledge. Emphasis is placed on social and communication skills, and a network is built and maintained. Both students and companies have a strongly growing interest in this combination of skills.
The application period for the 32 places has already begun. And if you are considering whether the program is right for you, don’t wait too long. The following information will help you make your decision.
For whom is the Bachelor’s program in Insurance Management right choice?
- The basic requirement is at least two years of relevant professional experience in the insurance industry and a general university entrance qualification – i.e. a “Matura” or university entrance qualification.
- The target group of this part-time continuing education course are insurance employees from a wide range of specialist areas, experienced insurance brokers and self-employed insurance professionals.
- With an academic degree, the study program offers the optimal opportunity to acquire the necessary practical knowledge for the next career step, for example a management position.
- One focus – in addition to specific expertise in law, economics and insurance – is on “responsible corporate governance”, both economically and socially as well as environmentally.
With this Bachelor’s program, you receive a specialized academic title tailored precisely to the insurance industry. The interest in this field has never been as great as it is now, especially among the young, upcoming generation. The reason is primarily to get into a higher position with a management function quickly and successfully.
The advantages of this study program at FHWien der WKW
- Our biggest asset is our lecturers. All of them come from real-world backgrounds and bring years of experience at the highest level in their fields.
- This brings us to the next point: the remarkable network of specialists and decision-makers. These are, in particular, our practical partners, who come into play as partner companies in the sixth semester in connection with a real practical project: Zurich Versicherung Österreich, Helvetia Versicherung and the Fachgruppe der Wiener Versicherungsmakler.
- What sets us apart from many other training programs in the insurance sector: The technical and legal depth at an academic level. Insurance, the entire industry and products have a lot to do with law – you don’t have to be a lawyer, but you do have to be very well-versed in the knowledge and application of the law.
- There is also the possibility of crediting some modules based on relevant work experience – for example, on legal and insurance-specific basics (to the extent of up to 60 ECTS). This reduces the amount of time spent on all semesters, which further improves the already good compatibility of studies with work and private life.
- Digital learning & studying will be implemented in the classroom. Most of the classes will take place in the evenings or in blocks on weekends, so that this is easily compatible with work. But in addition to a certain proportion of face-to-face teaching, there will also be distance learning units: both synchronously, where students take part in a course online at the same time, and asynchronously in individual online sessions.
To answer your questions about our Bachelor’s Program in Insurance Management, please contact our Head of Program, Katharina Rotter, BA MA for a personal consultation at 0800 40 00 77-07 or via email.