Communication Management Study Programs
We are a comprehensive provider of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in communication, which are both business oriented and academically sound. We offer the following study programs:
- Bachelor’s Program Corporate Communication (German*)
- Bachelor’s Program Corporate Communication (English)
- Master’s Program Communication Management (German*)
Thanks to the excellent quality of the professional training, our study programs were awarded the seal “PRVA-approved” by the Public Relations Association Austria (PRVA). Since 2016, the study programs have been internationally accredited by the International Advertising Association (IAA) with “IAA Approved”.
We are Austria’s leading University of Applied Sciences for Management & Communication and teach the social and methodical skills required to meet the challenges of the future. Therefore, the curricula are continuously adapted to stay at the cutting edge of the discipline. The focus is on digitalization in communication and responsible management education. Thanks to the practical focus, Bachelor’s graduates slip smoothly into their careers in a digitized world, while Master’s graduates are trained to become managers of tomorrow. Due to the highly practical and professional field education, our students are optimally prepared for their future tasks in the following areas:
- Corporate communication
- Digital communication and social media
- Public relations
- Advertising and marketing (focus on market communication)
- Internal communication
- Corporate social responsibility
- Start-up communication
FH-Prof.in Mag.a Dr.in Sieglinde Martin is the Head of the Communication Management Study Programs.
*Parts of the lectures are taught in English language.
Our Study Programs
BA Corporate Communication
The Bachelor's program Corporate Communication focuses on integrated communication. All relevant areas of communication (public relations, advertising, marketing, event communication, corporate identity etc.) as well as business management and legal fundamentals are covered.
BA Corporate Communication (English)
The program provides a broad introduction to individual and mass media communication. Further relevant disciplines of communication (public relations, advertising, marketing, event communication, corporate identity, etc.) as well as business and legal principles are taught.
MA Communication Management
We train the communication professionals of the future in our part-time Master's program. Our graduates are in demand where a holistic, strategic view of communication problems and solutions is required rather than pure specialization.
Employers are placing ever increasing value on international experience and intercultural skills, such as the ability to work in international teams or to deal adequately with cultural differences, over and above a professionally sound education. The Communication Management Study Programs take this development into account and are well established in the international community. With the help of our large international network, we offer our students, for example:
- Insights into international trends through the regular integration of international guest lecturers in our courses.
- A semester abroad at one of our 150 partner universities We have a large selection of Erasmus partners but also bi-lateral agreements and offer support and advice to those students who prefer to go abroad as a “freemover”.
- As an edcom member school we offer various opportunities:
- edcom Graduation Competition: The best bachelor’s and master’s theses of the year are nominated to Inspire! by eaca (European Association of Communications Agencies).
- Ad Venture student competition: In this international competition, students create their own advertising campaigns for a real client.
- International business field projects: On an annual basis, we nominate selected students to participate in an international business field project in cooperation with five other universities.
- We regularly organise Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) projects with our partner universities in various modules.
- And much more.