FHWien der WKW offers its graduates the best career opportunities in business. This year, nine graduates were highlighted and honored with an Alumni Award, exemplifying the wide range of career paths that are made possible by studying at the university of applied sciences, which specializes in management and communication.
At the award ceremony on November 28, 2022 at the Hotel Palais Hansen Kempinski in Vienna, the award winners were officially presented. In front of 150 guests, including other top alumni of FHWien der WKW as well as representatives of the university of applied sciences and the business community, the Alumni Awards were presented to the winners in a festive atmosphere. The trophies were designed by the artist Billi Thanner. Journalist and moderator Eser Akbaba led through the evening.
Award for professionals and managers
The award in the category “Professional Achievements” was presented to specialists and executives who have achieved national or international success in their industry or field of activity. The laudatory speech was given by Billi Thanner.
The award winners:
- Mag. Lukas Rendl, LL.M. MBA: The graduate of the International MBA in Management & Communications is Head of Health Claims and Claims Process Management at Generali Versicherung AG.
- Karina Schunker, MA MRICS: She graduated from the FHWien der WKW with a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Real Estate Management. Today, Schunker is the managing director of EHL Wohnen GmbH.
- Silvia Bauer, BA: The graduate of the Bachelor program in Finance, Accounting & Taxation is CFO – Director Finance and Administration at GfK.
Award for particularly innovative alumni
In the category “Shaping the Future”, graduates were honored for finding forward-looking answers to pressing questions of our time with their way of thinking and their actions. This category was presented by Jasmin Dolati, Head of Program at Radio Wien.
The award winners:
- Bernhard Blaha, BSc MA: He graduated with a master’s degree in Executive Management from FHWien der WKW and is now CEO of The People’s SCE.
- Kosima Kovar, MA: A graduate of the bachelor’s program in Communication Business, she is the founder of sgreening – Social & Green Marketing GmbH and co-founder and CEO of Ada – Female Growth.
- Ambra Schuster, BA: She graduated from the bachelor’s program in Journalism & Media Management. Today, Schuster is an editor at FM4 and Ö1 as well as a TikTok host at Zeit im Bild.
Honoring exceptionally committed alumni
The category “Exceptional Commitment to FHWien der WKW” honored alumni who are particularly committed to teaching or research at FHWien der WKW and thus contribute to the continuous development of the university of applied sciences. The awards in this category were presented by Halyna Bernard, Director of Human Resources, Hotel Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna.
The award winners:
- Mag. (FH) Alexander Dalinger: The graduate of the Marketing & Sales study program is Chief Strategy Officer at KSR Group.
- Mag. (FH) Paul Blaguss: He graduated from the FHWien der WKW in Tourism Management and is now Managing Director of Blaguss Reisen GmbH.
- Mag.a (FH) Dr.in Gudrun Gaedke: The alumna of the former Knowledge Management study program is an independent management consultant and business coach.
“The fact that many of our graduates are so successful in their careers makes us very proud. For many, their studies laid the foundation for careers at home and abroad. With the Alumni Award, which we have been presenting to outstanding graduates for many years, we highlight the successes of our alumni,” says Michael Heritsch, Managing Director of FHWien der WKW.
Billi Thanner created trophy
Also a premiere is the design of the trophy by a renowned Austrian artist and winner of the Vienna Art Award. Billi Thanner has been working as a visual artist since the early 1990s. She has dedicated her artistic works to beauty; her work encompasses a range of genres. Recently, she gained particular notoriety for her art installation “Himmelsleiter” at St. Stephen’s Cathedral in Vienna, which has been on display at the Stadtkirche St. Lamberti in Münster since September 2022.
We thank our partners: Peek & Cloppenburg | Hotel Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna | KURIER | Riegl International | MAN Truck & Bus | Rauch Fruchtsäfte
Here you can find a collection of impressions of the Alumni Night 2022.
Photo: Alexander Müller | www.alexander-mueller.at