Applied Business Management offers dedicated managers, business people and founders of SMEs the chance to gain a comprehensive job-related degree, without a Bachelor’s degree or a school-leaving certificate (Matura): The continuing education track at FHWien der WKW and WIFI is easy to bring under one roof while working, and supports students in sustainably developing their skills in the area of business management and leadership.
As part of the Academy for Continuing Education in Applied Corporate Management, students can choose either
- a four semester long program (to receive a Master of Science) or
- a two semester long program (to receive the title Academic Expert).
A career with an apprenticeship
In the future, it will also be possible for people who have completed apprenticeships in Austria to complete academic degrees at FHWien der WKW. This is what our academy for continuing education is there for.
Overview MSc in Applied Business Management
Overview Academic Expert in Applied Business Management
Both degree programs are carried out by WIFI Austria together with FHWien der WKW.
- Deepening of existing business management skills at university level
- Working on specific issues from your own area of expertise/company
- Developing leadership skills
Type of degree program
Language of instruction
Start of degree program
Every year in September or February
LandesWIFIs in Austria
Focus & Qualifications
Develop your own business area.
The practice-based Master’s degree program in Applied Business Management is geared towards experienced and responsible employees and managers from SMEs, who want to work on specific issues from their area of expertise within a business degree program. Students improve their future business decisions and develop their company and their role as a leader of the future.
The continuing education program offers the opportunity for students to attain a qualification at university level and is a successful combination of compact, theoretically sound training and a practice-based education. As a graduate you can make use of your leadership skills in all areas of a trade-sector SME. You can take over a new area or start your own company.
The Academy for Continuing Education program in Applied Business Management is offered in two formats:
- As a two year continuing education Master’s degree completed with the title “Master of Science (MSc) Entrepreneurship” or
- As a one year certificate degree program completed with the title of “Academic Expert for Entrepreneurship”
The Continuing Education program for Entrepreneurship is offered in cooperation with WIFI Austria.
Know more – do more
The requirements of the labor market are growing and growing – making it increasingly important to be “fit for the job” after completing your degree program. Curricula are improved on an ongoing basis so as to fit in with developments in the working world and new international trends. This is to prepare our graduates for the beginning of – or the next step in – their careers. Our motto spans from “know more” to “do more” – meaning that we focus more on practical strengths learned. Teaching, learning and exams at FHWien der WKW are completed in modules. This means: Topic blocks make up modules, and at the end of the module there is an exam.
What is a module?
A module is a teaching unit consisting of multiple topic blocks, which are thematically linked and cover a specific area relevant to the degree program. In this module, clearly defined skills will be developed, with an examination of all sub elements at the end.
How does it help students?
Teaching is directed towards learning outcomes. Competency-based learning and fewer exams – which are integrated and more comprehensive – make up the curricula. Students’ personal development and their employability in business is our central goal.
Job & Career
Depending on your professional background and your choice of what to focus on in the curriculum, you could follow one of the following paths to success:
- Established leaders and entrepreneurs initiate and actively steer successful organization growth and development
- Founders develop a professional business model and implement it
- Young business people have gained the necessary skills to lead their companies professionally through a period of growth
Company successors can plan and initiate company takeovers professionally.
The Continuing Education program in Entrepreneurship is geared towards people who have comprehensive experience in small and medium-sized enterprises.
Target group and admission requirements for the MSc in Entrepreneurship
- Completed first degree (to at least Bachelor level) from a recognized Austrian or equivalent university and at least one year of professional experience OR
- At least six years of relevant professional experience – of which at least one year is spent in a leadership position. Students who have completed an apprenticeship must have completed at least three years of relevant professional experience having finished their apprenticeship.
Target group and admissions requirements for the title of Academic expert for entrepreneurship:
- Apprenticeship certificate or high-school leaving certificate
- At least two years of relevant professional experience having completed an apprenticeship
Application takes place at your chosen LandesWIFI.
Your nearest LandesWIFI can answer any questions you may have.
- Tax reimbursement: You can write off the tuition fees against your taxes, as long as the continuing education program is relevant or related to your current occupational field. The tax advantage depends on your total income. You could be reimbursed for up to 43.6% of the tuition fees!
More information can be found here:
Bundesministerium für Finanzen (Federal Ministry of Finance)
Hintere Zollamtsstraße 2b, 1030 Wien
Tel.: 01/514 33-0
The e-mail contact form can be found here:
- BFB Training allowance for companies:
Subsidies in Austria
- Datenbank Weiterbildungsförderung (English)
- Wiener ArbeitnehmerInnen Förderungsfonds (English)
- Arbeiterkammer in German
- Wirtschaftskammer in German
- Weiterbildungsgeld AMS (German)
- Wiener Wirtschaftsförderungsfonds (English)
- You could also save money with help from your employer (for more information see here www.bmf.gv.at)
All information is without guarantee. Please be aware that we cannot make any guarantees about subsidies!