Wear a mouth and nose protection
Please wear mouth and nose protection when entering the campus and while at the FHWien der WKW campus. This applies in particular to the toilets, the cloakroom areas and the lifts. It is not necessary to wear mouth and nose protection while you are seated in the classrooms, except if a distance of 1.5 meters cannot be maintained (e.g. during group work or when asking the teacher questions during an examination). Wearing mouth and nose protection prevents other people from being infected by droplet infections when coughing, sneezing and speaking.
Wash your hands several times a day!
Immediately after entering the building please wash your hands or, if not possible, disinfect them. Also during your stay in the building, please make sure to clean your hands regularly with water and soap or disinfectant. Attention: The soaps in the toilets at FHWien der WKW contain disinfectant. Therefore, please moisturize your hands regularly to prevent skin damage.
Keep at least 1.5 meter distance!
Always keep at least 1.5 meters distance between yourself and other persons. Avoid close contact such as shaking hands or hugs.
Take care not to form groups!
The 1.5 meter safety distance has already been taken into account when positioning the desks in the classrooms. It is not permitted to move tables or chairs.
Avoid the use of the lifts!
Please use the stairs if possible. If this is not possible, make sure that a maximum of two people (with mouth and nose protection) use an elevator at the same time.
Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
Hands can absorb viruses and transmit them through mucous membranes in the face.
Maintain respiratory hygiene!
Cough or sneeze into a paper handkerchief and dispose of it immediately. If no handkerchief is available, cover your mouth and nose with your elbow.
If you suspect a Covid-19 infection
If you feel ill, please stay at home and call the emergency number +43 1450 if necessary. Please note, this number is unable to deal with calls in any language other than German, therefore we recommend that you find someone who speaks German to help you with the telephone call.
|If you are already on site at FHWien der WKW and show symptoms such as fever, cough and/or shortness of breath, possibly also sore throat, diarrhea or loss of smell and taste as well as vomiting, go home and call the emergency number 1450. For the way home we can provide you with an FFP2 protective mask and disinfectant. Please inform your lecturer who will inform the Service Point. The Service Point will then deposit the protective mask and disinfectant for you to pick up in front of the Service Point premises on the ground floor. After 7 pm and on Saturdays the receptionists from WIFI will hand them out.
Please do not come to the campus for as long as you feel ill or show symptoms, or for as long as you are considered a Covid-19 suspected or confirmed case.
If you are a suspected or confirmed Covid-19 case please send information in German or English to firstname.lastname@example.org urgently. Please write to us from your FHWien e-mail address in order to enable clear identification.
Please also note in particular
- Apart from courses and examinations as well as meals in the cantine, it is currently not permitted to stay at the FHWien der WKW campus.
- Classrooms will be unlocked 15 minutes before the start of classes to prevent the formation of groups of people in front of the doors.
- Please arrive punctually and not too early for your appointment (course, examination).
- The catering area is open. Please observe the rules of hygiene and conduct applicable there.
- During the breaks during the courses you can eat and drink at your seat in the classroom.
- The classrooms are cleaned and disinfected between courses when the group of students change.
- Teachers are required to air the classroom every 30 to 60 minutes.
- In order to prevent groups of people, the info screens at the FHWien der WKW campus are not in operation. Therefore, please inform yourself in good time via FHWien Online or the app »Studo« in which classroom your course will take place.
- Until revoked, the study and examination regulations version 7.0 with special provisions due to Covid-19 continues to apply. Please always observe the latest version of the special provisions.
- If a different examination method is required because you belong to a Covid-19 risk group, please contact our Gender & Diversity Officer MMag.a Birgit Lang in good time before the examination: email@example.com
- Through our online and offline communication channels (website, newsletter/email, moodle, information sheets and info slides) we will keep you up to date on the current Covid-19 hygiene and conduct rules on the FHWien der WKW campus.
- Contactless collection of pre-ordered books and the return of books to the library is possible, but it is not possible to use the library on site for research, learning, copying, printing or scanning.
- Please keep your contact details in FHWienOnline up to date so that we can reach you quickly in an emergency.
Data processing in connection with Covid-19
FHWien der WKW strives to ensure the protection of the health of all students, lecturers and employees. This includes responding appropriately to the pandemic spread of the notifiable disease Covid-19, which is particularly useful for prevention purposes. In addition, the contact persons of a Covid-19 suspected or confirmed case have an interest in rapid information. In case of suspicion or confirmation of Covid-19, FHWien der WKW is obliged to report and inform the health authority according to the Epidemiegesetz (Epidemic Law). Data processing is carried out on the basis of a legal obligation in accordance with Article 6 (1)(c) of GDPR (Epidemiegesetz) or on the basis of our legitimate interest in fulfilling our duties of care, protection and diligence towards our staff, students and lecturers in accordance with Article 6 (1)(f) of GDPR or on the basis of the legitimate interest of contact persons in protecting their health and in being informed quickly in accordance with Article 6 (1)(f) of GDPR. Insofar as health data are processed, this is done on the basis of Article 9 (2)(i) of GDPR. If data is processed on the basis of a legitimate interest, you can object to the processing of data by stating your reasons in accordance with Article 21 of GDPR. However, an objection only leads to the omission of processing if the objection is justified by special reasons.
Names, the contact details and the age of students as well as the assignment to a specific course/examination are already known from the underlying learning agreement. Attendance at the respective course/examination is recorded within the framework of the study program (attendance lists). This data does not therefore have to be collected separately. Further processing of personal data for another purpose – in the context of Covid-19 prevention as described above – is permitted in accordance with Article 6 (4) of GDPR. If the attendance lists are stored for the purposes of Covid-19 prevention, they are deleted after 28 days. In addition, we collect and process the data that you send us in the context of a report to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, we refer you to our data protection declaration »Privacy Statement Students at FHWien der WKW« on our website: www.fh-wien.ac.at/en/about-us/who-we-are/data-protection