The Information Center at FHWien der WKW
The library is the information center at FHWien der WKW. The provision of literature, the passing on of knowledge and information supports students, researchers and teaching staff.
The following services are available in the 430 m2 library:
- 61 separate reading areas with power supplies for laptops
- Six computers to work on
- An OPAC PC to search for media
- One multifunctional device (photocopying, scanning, printing)
- One book scanner
- Electronic full-text database (e-journals) – access via the Moodle course “Bibliothek”
If you cannot find what you are looking for, just ask!
Please talk to library staff for access and borrowing possibilities for external visitors.
The library of FHWien der WKW is specialized in the fields of management and communication. The library currently houses 19,100 pieces of printed media (books, magazines and dissertations). The books available in our library can be viewed in the online catalog.
It is also possible to search for relevant literature via the Austrian Library Network (Österreichischen Bibliothekenverbundes), which has over 70 active member institutions. There are currently approximately seven million books and 700,000 newspapers in the whole catalog.
FHWien der WKW’s library has over 17,000 e-journals and over 4,500 e-books. You can find more information about the different digital resources in the Moodle course “Bibliothek”.
|Monday – Friday||9 am – 9 pm / Circulation & Cash until 8:45 pm|
|Saturday||9 am – 4 pm / Circulation & Cash until 3:45 pm|
The library will be closed on Sundays and public holidays.
Attention: Different opening hours during holidays!
Please be aware that is not possible to borrow and return books when the library is closed. During this time the library does not send any notices or reminders.
We reserve the right to make changes to the opening hours.
Please note the information and current news of the library on Moodle.
Access to the library
Access to the library is currently only permitted for the collection of books provided or the return of borrowed books. Unfortunately, it is not possible to use the library on site for research, learning, copying, printing or scanning.
- Borrowed books may only be returned to the library team during the opening hours of the Library.
- Borrowed books can also be returned by mail. They will only be deregistered when the works have arrived. If you wish to return books by post, please contact us in advance.
Lending books (only for students, lecturers and employees of the FHWien der WKW)
- Not borrowed books (new from now on!)
- Borrowed books
- Reservation via the online catalogue (as before)
- Book is provided after its return and can be collected at Library (as before)
- Collection of books provided
- You will receive an information mail as soon as a collection of the book is possible. Only from this time on you have up to three opening days to pick up the books.
- We ask for your understanding that the collection as well as the processing of the orders will take a certain amount of time, depending on the volume of orders.
- Only provided books may be collected.
- Otherwise the regular lending conditions apply:
Important for the collection of the media and also for access to the building:
- Masks are required. Wearing a mouth and nose protection mask is mandatory throughout the building.
- Only one person at a time is allowed to enter the Library to pick up media. Please remember to keep your distance.
- You need your CampusCard.
- You can find the current opening hours here.
- The Library reserves the right to make short-term adjustments to borrowing and opening hours.
At the end
- There will be no on-site consultation. If you have any questions, we will be happy to help you by e-mail or telephone.
- Research on the shelf is not permitted, access is exclusively reserved for the collection of provided media.
- It is NOT possible to use works that cannot be borrowed, such as magazines or books.
- There is no sale of books from the book flea market.
You can find assistance for research under “Research tips & tricks“.
You need more help with your research? Unfortunately, we cannot offer trainings in the Library at the moment, but if you need help, please send an e-mail with your questions to email@example.com !
You need an e-book that is not in our stock?
You are welcome to send us your acquisition suggestions via our E-Book Central platform (https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/fh-wien/home.action).
Please keep an eye on the Moodle course “Bibliothek“! In this course, students get access to the databases, information on remote access, research, literature acquisition and much more!
If you have any questions regarding borrowing, return or e-resources, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Opening hours summer holidays
valid from 06.07.2020 until 29.08.2020
|Monday||2 pm – 5.30 pm|
|Tuesday||2 pm – 5.30 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am – 12 noon|
|Thursday||2 pm – 5.30 pm|
|Friday||9 am – 12 noon|
The library will remain closed from 27.07.2020 to 08.08.2020 due to the inventory.