The Information Center at FHWien der WKW
The library is the information center at FHWien der WKW. The provision of literature, the passing on of knowledge and information supports students, researchers and teaching staff.
The following services are available in the 430 m2 library:
- 61 separate reading areas with power supplies for laptops
- Six computers to work on
- One multifunctional device (photocopying, scanning, printing)
- One book scanner
- Electronic full-text database (e-journals) – access via the Moodle course “Bibliothek” (only accessible to active students, lecturers and staff of FHWien der WKW).
If you cannot find what you are looking for, just ask!
Please talk to library staff for access and borrowing possibilities for external visitors.
The library of FHWien der WKW is specialized in the fields of management and communication. The library currently houses 19,100 pieces of printed media (books, magazines and dissertations). The books available in our library can be viewed in the online catalog.
It is also possible to search for relevant literature via the Austrian Library Network (Österreichischen Bibliothekenverbundes), which has over 70 active member institutions. There are currently approximately seven million books and 700,000 newspapers in the whole catalog.
FHWien der WKW’s library has over 17,000 e-journals and over 4,500 e-books. You can find more information about the different digital resources in the Moodle course “Bibliothek” (only accessible to active students, lecturers and staff of FHWien der WKW).
|Monday – Friday:||9 am – 7 pm|
||9 am – 4 pm|
|Sunday and public holidays:
Attention: Different opening hours apply during holidays.
Please be aware that is not possible to borrow and return books when the library is closed. During this time the library does not send any notices or reminders.
We reserve the right to make changes to the opening hours.
Please note the information and current news of the library on Moodle (only accessible to active students, lecturers and staff of FHWien der WKW).
Temporary Arrangements due to COVID-19
- Access to the library is only possible with proof that you have been vaccinated or PCR-tested or that you have recovered. Proof must be presented to the library team.
- Please wear an FFP2 mask in the library.
- Please also follow the guidelines for entering the building.
- You can find the current opening hours here.
For more information about Circulation and E-Ressources (E-Journals, E-Books) please go to the Moodle course “Bibliothek“.